Homemade Peppermint Lip Balm
Actualizado: jun 30
Easy recipe and zero waste ;)
2 tablespoons beeswax pastilles
2 tablespoons organic coconut oil
2 tablespoons of shea butter
20-25 drops of peppermint essential oil
1. Put the coco oil, beeswax and shea butter in a bowl. Melt this the mix by using a double boiler.
If you don't have a double boiler, no problem. All you need is a bowl and a pot.
Use this link on How to Fake a double boiler->
2. Stir gently until the mix is melted.
3. Turn the heat off but leave the mix over the stove to keep the mixture melted. You will notice this mix hardens up really fast, if this happens to you before adding the peppermint oil, then melt it again by using heat.
4. Add the peppermint oil. Add slowly to make sure the scent is to your liking.
3. Right away, put the melted mix on small little glass jars (see picture).
This recipe will make 2-3 small recipients like the one of the picture so you can share this with loved ones. A sweet gift for anyone.
4. Let the lip balms sit at room temperature for a couple of hours until cooled, you will see they get hard quite fast. Make sure they are completely hardened before capping them.
When you get more familiar with the recipe, you can play with ratio of beeswax/shea butter. Use an extra teaspoon of beeswax if you prefer a thicker and longer-lasting lip balm. Use less beeswax if you prefer a smoother and softer lip balm.
By making your own cosmetics, you can reduce your exposure to endocrine disruptors and live a cleaner life.
Disclaimer: This blog provides general information and discussions about health and related subjects. The information and other content provided in this blog, or in any linked materials, are not intended and should not be construed as medical advice, nor is the information a substitute for professional medical expertise or treatment