Actualizado: jun 30
Easy recipe, free of endocrine disruptors and zero waste ;)
1 & 1/2 tbsp. of grated beeswax or beeswax beads
4 tbsp. coconut oil
1 tbsp. shea butter
4 tsps. clay OR cornstarch
15+ drops essential oil (tea tree, rosemary, lavender, lemon, bergamot, or a mixture of your liking)
1. Put the coco oil and beeswax in a bowl and liquefy by using a double boiler. No boiling water, low heat.
If you don't have a double boiler, no problem. All you need is a bowl and a pot.
Use this link on How to Fake a double boiler->
2. Once the mix is melted, add the shea butter and stir until all is well mixed and liquid.
3. Transfer into a glass jar (or into your old deodorant container if you have one) .
4. Right away, sprinkle the 4 tsp of cornstarch or clay (bentonite or other) and stir well.
Warning! : If you are using clay, at all times use a wood, bamboo or plastic spoon
(NO METAL spoon to handle the clay).
This warning sounds silly but you can read here why it's best not to use metal objects when using clay-> https://www.charcoalandbody.com/blog/t-is-best-to-use-a-glass-or-ceramic-bowl-and-plastic-wooden-or-bamboo-spoon/
5. Once all is mixed well, add your essential oils. Cover the mix and put it on the fridge for a couple of hours. Then take it out and keep it on your bathroom for regular use.
Note: Personally I find much more interesting the cleansing properties of clay , in comparison to the cornstarch. Clay can help reduce excess oil and draw out dirt and toxic elements from the skin. It has been used for many years by humans for a good reason ;)
Disclaimer: This blog provides general information and discussions about health and related subjects. The information and other content provided in this blog, or in any linked materials, are not intended and should not be construed as medical advice, nor is the information a substitute for professional medical expertise or treatment