Cacao Lavander Face/Hand Cream
Actualizado: oct 11
Nourishing for the skin and zero waste ;)
3 tables spoons of coconut oil organic cold pressed
3 tables spoons ofcacao butter
1 table spoon of shea butter
15+/- drops of lavender essential oil (lavandula angustifolia)
4+ drops of organic Prickly Pear (Barbary Fig) Oil * Optional but advised to use if you want to potentialize anti-aging properties for the face cream.
1. Put the coco oil, cacao butter and shea butter in a bowl and liquefy by using a double boiler. No boiling water.
If you don't have a double boiler, no problem. All you need is a bowl and a pot.
Use this link on How to Fake a double boiler->
2. Once the mix is melted, add the lavande oil. The Barbary Fig oil is optional.
3. Let it cool down and then put in on a glass jar. If you keep it out, you can use it as oil or serum. For a harder consistency, I put mine in the fridge for a couple of hours so it hardens and then I keep it in the bathroom for regular use.
4. Use only a small amount for your face/hands.
* About Prickly Pear (Barbary Fig) Oil: This oil can seem pricy which is why it's not mandatory for the recipe. However if you want to make enrich even more this cream, I advise you to add it. Prickly Pear oil is quickly absorbed by the skin, high in vitamin E and known as a powerful antioxydant.
Prickly Pear oil prevents skin aging, dehydration, and promotes the skin’s natural healing process. This nourishing and softening oil also has firming effects, which tighten and tone the skin.
The health of the skin is multifactorial, make sure to have a proper diet with real clean food. This will play a role on how your skin looks among other factors.
Disclaimer: This blog provides general information and discussions about health and related subjects. The information and other content provided in this blog, or in any linked materials, are not intended and should not be construed as medical advice, nor is the information a substitute for professional medical expertise or treatment