All-Purpose Lemon Cleaner
Actualizado: jun 30
Easy recipe, free of endocrine disruptors and zero waste ;)
1 big glass jar (mason type)
1 glass spray bottle (or any other old spray bottle you can find)
Optional: 4-5 drops of lemon essential oil (grapefruit, orange or any citrus mixture of your liking)*
1. Put the lemon peels inside your mason jar till almost full.
2. Fill the jar all the way up with white vinegar, mix well and close the jar with lid once finished.
3. Let the peels and vinegar steep for about 2 weeks. If you happen to forget and go over 3 weeks, you can still use your mix ;).
4. After this two-week period, take away the peels from the jar and use a strainer to get the liquid left in the jar free of solid particles. We will call this liquid, the scented vinegar.
5. Dilute 1:2 with water (one part the scented vinegar to two part water) and place directly in your spray bottle. It can also be 1:1 if you prefer something more concentrated.
*6. Optional: add the drops of lemon essential oil to give and extra citrus smell. The lemon essential oil is known to have antibacterial and antifungal properties.
Use this all-purpose cleaner for kitchen counters, stove, bathroom, etc. Be cautious when used on marble and if you want scrub, add some baking soda to your mix ;)
Note: To learn more about hormone-altering chemicals to avoid, here is a link of "The Dirty Dozen Endocrine Disruptors and How to Avoid Them". They offer a small free PDF, easy to read --> https://www.ewg.org/research/dirty-dozen-list-endocrine-disruptors
Disclaimer: This blog provides general information and discussions about health and related subjects. The information and other content provided in this blog, or in any linked materials, are not intended and should not be construed as medical advice, nor is the information a substitute for professional medical expertise or treatment
#homemaderecipe #homemadeallpurposecleaner #lemonallpurposecleaner #homemaderecipe #zerowasteliving #zerowaste #healthycleaningproducts #holisticliving #essentialoils #freeofendocrinedisruptors #dirtydozenendocrinedisruptors #zerodechet #diyallpurposecleaner